ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

unattended large file copies that will not prompt for msg

<< < (3/3)

Shades:
Teracopy works marvelously when copying files from one computer to another over a LAN. That is where it really shines (in my opinion). I noticed it was (much) faster while more secure than copying with explorer or Directory Opus (likely also faster as the other file managers mentioned earlier in this thread, but as I only know of them I cannot say anything good or bad). 

It would also show you which files were copied ok (by checking hash codes of the original and the copy). It would even allow you a new attempt of copying only the failed files. Honestly, I didn't keep up with it anymore though. With gigabit LAN's there isn't much speed to be gained anymore and most file mangers have improved their copying routines. Hell, even explorer isn't that much of a drag anymore.

MilesAhead:
RichCopy isn't a file manager but it's free and has many options.  Is is multithreaded and designed for bulk file copying.  To be honest I only used it to copy a Windows.old folder as TeraCopy does enough for me.  But it handled Windows.old copy to a networked drive smoothly(around 260,000 file objects.)

Good for the toolbox even if not perfect for this application.

The link is to an article which contains the download link.

Edit: It extracts to a folder, HoffmanUtilitySpotlight, and from there you run the setup.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version