ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

virtual install

(1/4) > >>

nite_monkey:
Hello, I was looking for a program that would allow me to install a program inside of it, and then the program would store all the registry files, and application files inside of it. A program that I did find was Altiris(R) Software Virtualization Solution(TM) 2.0, but it wont install on my computer for some reason, so I was wondering if some one could tell me another program that would do that. Here is the information of  the program I found.

Crush:
This program seems to be the first of its kind. At the moment there doesn´t seem to be any alternative for Altiris SVS.
Describe your installation-problems, perhaps someone can help you.

mouser:
Don't forget there are a lot of virtual machine tools: https://www.donationcoder.com/Reviews/Archive/VirtualMachine/index.html

Depending on how you want to use it, you can make a virtual machine player with vmware and use it in this kind of way.

jgpaiva:
There's a program that works in a similar way to altiris svs, although it isn't as full-featured: sandboxie

nite_monkey:
Well after I posted this, I got it to install, I can't use vmware because I don't have an os install disk, and sandboxie doesn't give me the registry files. SVS halfway works, it does all that I want, but it doesn't let you take the program with you, and put it on a different computer very well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version