ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

FileHamster - auto incremental file monitor/backup as you work - and free!

<< < (5/9) > >>

Mogware Support:
I also want to know if it has network support, I mean, to save the versions in other computers in the network.-Dr-Leech (February 23, 2007, 01:44 PM)
--- End quote ---
Each Backup Library has its own storage location which can be anywhere including a mapped networked drive.  You can add additional Backup Libraries from the File menu.

And is possible to setup that instead of versioning each time I save the file, I can push the program to capture it? I mean, like a CVS or something but locally and faster. If not, exists some other program that does that?-Dr-Leech (February 23, 2007, 01:44 PM)
--- End quote ---
Well, we never actually thought of using it like that.  Although, I actually think this could be a pretty easy plug-in to write.  All the functionality is there, it would just need to be bundled differently.  We are getting ready to release a plug-in SDK where you could create your own FileHamster plug-ins so check back at our website to see when it becomes available.

Dr-Leech:
Nice, thank you!

Nighted:
Hey Mogware Support, thanks for this program. It didn't take long to find something to use it for.  :Thmbsup:

nontroppo:
Just a heads up; FH has had an update that fixed the few annoying issues it had and added a cool scripting plugin.

This is one of the most *useful* and elegant utilities I've come across in ages. Personal versioning is so important to so many people if they understood the benefits...

tomos:
Upgrade to FileHamster +plus only $19.95!
New Features Include:

* WatchTree filters
    * WatchTree enhancements
    * Enhanced network and removable drive support
    * Offline libraries
    * Customized OpenWith menu
    * Full UNC support
    * Adjust SubFolder properties within a watch
    * And ALL future features and enhancements...
-http://www.mogware.com/filehamster/upgrade/index.html
--- End quote ---

Unfortunately there's no more details at the mo

Actually,
I'm a bit pissed off - I'm just after buying the "Report Window Plugin" which I thought would create an exportable report, unfortunately it doesnt [seem to].
I mean, I think this is an absolutely wonderful programme -
I'd recommend it to anyone, paid or free  :)
but,
I have this niggling..
"okay 10$ for plugin, 20$ for plus version, if I request x or y capability is it going to be another 10$ plugin & another &... "

sorry for being so negative but there you go...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version