ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

FileHamster - auto incremental file monitor/backup as you work - and free!

<< < (4/9) > >>

justice:
It even asked me for commentary when a coworker changed a few files.  :tellme:

I really like this software and I think it should be running on everyone's desktop, for example it can track My Documents and have revisions for when you accidentily overwrite or forget to save your budget. DMS on the desktop. People that lose information or documents is our number 1 most frequent question. Would even allow you to recover if your USB stick breaks.

iphigenie:
12 ghosts has a wonderful auto backup which saved changes to files and kept
* 1 a minute for the last hour
* 1 an hour for the last day
* 1 a day for the last month
* 1 a month for the year

It didnt quite work smoothly for me (the resident program took a bit too many resources) but i think that is a great way to do it - as a complement for any manual "key stage" versioning you might want to do.

I always look at "auto backup" tools hoping one will have a scheme like that.

urlwolf:
I like this program! time-based versioning is nice.
Although, i have a small problem. Even when minimized to tray, it shows up in my "alt-tab" icon list. Why is that? no other minimized to tray app does this. (Well, now that I think of it tictactitle by Skrommel does too!)....

Mogware Support:
12 ghosts has a wonderful auto backup which saved changes to files and kept
* 1 a minute for the last hour
* 1 an hour for the last day
* 1 a day for the last month
* 1 a month for the year

I always look at "auto backup" tools hoping one will have a scheme like that.
-iphigenie (February 19, 2007, 09:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Interesting idea...This could easily be done via a plug-in.  I will add it to our potential plug-in list for future consideration.

Dr-Leech:
Great! Nice tool!

I was looking for something like this long time.
I also want to know if it has network support, I mean, to save the versions in other computers in the network.

And is possible to setup that instead of versioning each time I save the file, I can push the program to capture it? I mean, like a CVS or something but locally and faster. If not, exists some other program that does that?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version