ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

FileHamster - auto incremental file monitor/backup as you work - and free!

<< < (3/9) > >>

nudone:
thank you very much for the replies here, Mogware Support (JohnRen).

i apologise for not bringing the ACDSee issue to you attention but it was something i didn't mind working around so kind of forgot about it.

if i encounter anything else i'll be sure to get in touch.

thanks for a great free util tool.

nontroppo:
FileHamster is absolutely excellent  :-*  :-*

I don't want to go to the trouble of setting up a CVS, but do want automatic versioning without changing file names manually. FileHamster fits the bill.

The configuration options are great, allowing timed versioning (so you can accumulate 10 minutes worth of multiple saves in one so not having too many tiny version changes), and the settings cascade for excellent control.

Thank you mogware!!!  :Thmbsup:

urlwolf:
The configuration options are great, allowing timed versioning (so you can accumulate 10 minutes worth of multiple saves in one so not having too many tiny version changes), and the settings cascade for excellent control.

Thank you mogware!!!  :Thmbsup:
-nontroppo (February 18, 2007, 03:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

How do you get the timed versioning set up? It's not under options...
Thanks

Nighted:
Thanks nudone, this look handy.  :Thmbsup:

Mogware Support:
How do you get the timed versioning set up? It's not under options...
Thanks
-urlwolf (February 18, 2007, 03:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

The 'TimeDelayBetweenRevisions' option allows you to specify how much time you want between each revision.  If you frequently save, FileHamster will not pull the next revision until the specified time has elapsed from the last revision.

NOTE: You can also manually trigger all pending revisions with the 'Trigger Delayed Revisions' option in the content menu of FileHamster in the task bar.  This is helpful when you have a longer delay yet want to capture the current version of the file.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version