ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

FileHamster - auto incremental file monitor/backup as you work - and free!

<< < (9/9)

tomos:
You can also have the ftp feature in FileHamster include a "SendFtp" upload button in the bubble so you still get the revision locally but then make a contious decision when you want the file to be uploaded to the ftp.

To enable this, simple configure your ftp settings but set the 'AutoUpload' option to false and you will begin to see the additional "SendFtp" button in the bubble.
-Mogware Support (August 12, 2010, 12:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

I know nothing about ftp myself but was wondering can FileHamster use that to upload directly to Amazon S3 ?

Mogware Support:
Funny you should ask that; At one time we were building a plugin to support that but we just never finished it...

Once we had finished the ftp plugin there were services already comming out that allowed folks to simply map a drive to that service and some of our existing users were using a combination of FileHamster technology ( features in the replication plugin and script plugins ) to accomplish the same thing so the emphasis on completing that was dropped.

Hooking that up to work like the ftp plugin would not be very difficult using the FileHamster SDK.

tomos:
Funny you should ask that; At one time we were building a plugin to support that but we just never finished it...

Once we had finished the ftp plugin there were services already comming out that allowed folks to simply map a drive to that service and some of our existing users were using a combination of FileHamster technology ( features in the replication plugin and script plugins ) to accomplish the same thing so the emphasis on completing that was dropped.

Hooking that up to work like the ftp plugin would not be very difficult using the FileHamster SDK.
-Mogware Support (August 12, 2010, 06:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've got my own solution now but I'd say there would be interest in it - if it was available I'd certainly try it out..

Nowadays with apps like Cloudberry S3 Explorer (dc thread) and the online Amazon S3 Console (same thread link) we're able to easily see what's there on S3. I used to have JungleDisk which is good too and shows S3 as a drive, but at some stage you gotta wonder how many backup apps you want to have running in the tray - I had three (including FH) but I decided to remove jungledisk when Super Flexible File Synchronizer introduced direct to S3 backup

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version