ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Send a window to the Next or Previous Monitor in the same position.

(1/4) > >>

artis:
I would like to be able to send a window to the the monitor right or left of it's current one with a shortcut.  I would like it to keep it's relative position on the new monitor.

There is a program called MultiMon that has this function but it also does a lot of other things I don't really need.  It uses a small button on the Title Bar just the the left of the minimize button.  This would be ideal but a shortcut would be a good start!

Thanks.  I'm new to AutoHotKey and I tried a script I found on another site but it didn't work.

jgpaiva:
You have 2 screens that have the same resolution?

artis:
You have 2 screens that have the same resolution?
-jgpaiva (February 15, 2007, 03:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes I do...17" Monitors...1152 x 864

I don't know if it makes a difference but Monitor1 is on the right and Montor2 is on the left.  BUT Monitor2 is set to be the Primary Monitor (taskbar and icons, and where new programs open) by Windows XP.

Thanks

jgpaiva:
Ok... The file i attached to this post is supposed to work. But i can't test it, has i don't have 2 monitors (right now).
If you already have ahk already installed, you only have to download it and run it.
Also, if you would please invent a name for it, i'd be pleased :)
(yeah, i have a hard time at finding names for programs :) )

artis:
How about SnapNextMonitor.ahk?

Oh...I think there is a typo in line 20.  I got an error trying to run the script then I changed ModeWindow to MoveWindow and it worked fine.

It works great for non-maximized windows!  If a window is maximized on the left monitor it will move it to the right one still maximized.  But if a window is maximized on the right monitor it disappears completely instead of moving it to the left one.  I can't seem to figure out where it's going.  I have to right click on the taskbar title and select "restore" to get it back.

Thanks a ton for the help!

Art

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version