ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Send a window to the Next or Previous Monitor in the same position.

<< < (2/4) > >>

jgpaiva:
Ok, fixed typo and added maximize recognition. (or so i hope ;) )

artis:
I'm getting the hang of this now.

I went through and simplified a little bit of the code to work on my Monitors the way I wanted.  I also set the Test to be which monitor the MIDPOINT of the active window is on.  That way I can have windows that hang off the ends of the screen if need be.

Lastly I added some code to the top function to make it work no matter which Left/Right placement someone has. Monitor2 can be to the left or the right of Monitor1.

ANYONE INTERESTED IN USING THIS SCRIPT:
   1. It ONLY works with Two(2) Monitors, NOT Three(3) or more
   2. It ONLY works on Right/Left positioned monitors, NOT Top/Bottom
   3. It does NOT matter which monitor is on the left and which is on the right.
   4. The script uses the midpoint of the top edge of the active window to determine which monitor it is on.  Then it moves that window to the other monitor in exactly the same position relative to the monitor edges.
   5. This script has not been tested with two monitors with different resolutions.  It should work as long as the windows are near the top of the screens.
   6. It does move maximized windows (first un-maximizing, then moving, the re-maximizing), but will NOT move windows minimized to the taskbar.  (By un-maximizing and re-maximizing this allows the window to use the full screen when being moved from the monitor with the taskbar to the monitor without the taskbar)
   7. The hotkey is Window+Q

Hope this is as usefull to someone else as it is to me!
Thanks jgpaiva for coding this for us!

Artis

mouser:
nice to see this worked out well  :up: :up:

jgpaiva:
Cool, Artis!
It looks good ;)
(btw.. the code i posted before didn't work if you had the second screen on the left of the first screen?)

artis:
Cool, Artis!
It looks good ;)
(btw.. the code i posted before didn't work if you had the second screen on the left of the first screen?)
-jgpaiva (February 16, 2007, 11:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

Oh it worked just fine!  I just didn't know if worked the other way around.  I probably butchered your code but I was just trying to write it so that I could understand what it was doing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version