ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > General Review Discussion

Free PDF tools review?

<< < (8/14) > >>

Grorgy:
you are right it does do more than a reader, but given there are so many free readers out there they need to add something to make people want to use their software and, when needed, purchase their complete solution, just another marketing ploy, but hey, if it works in our favour, i'm all for it

PhilB66:
How about Jarnal - a Java Notetaker and PDF Annotator?

Was mentioned in this thread https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=2362.msg24547#msg24547

katykaty:
My understanding was that PDF-XChange Viewer Free wasn't simply a reader but also useful for annotating PDF-documents. My experience of such software is that is not free, and if it is free it comes with some kind of limitation so as to provide an incentive to get the non-free version. I am of the opinion that one should always try to exercise caution when something seems to be too good to be true. The reviews from snapfiles seems to be extremely positive, and that too triggers my critical mind, but I guess I will have to find out for myself now. If it does provide good annotation capabilities for free and with no limitations, then that is all that I need.
-jzippo (September 17, 2007, 06:18 AM)
--- End quote ---
I've used PDF-XChange Viewer for about a year now and I've had no problems with it.

The annotation tools seem to work fine for me, though I don't use them all that much and don't tend to share the annotated documents so I'm not sure how well other readers will cope.

urlwolf:
Can jarnal open a pdf? I have tried with no success.

lanux128:
... I was just going to install - are those issues not resolved yet for you? ...-tomos (September 16, 2007, 12:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

tomos, if you haven't installed doPDF yet, get it's beefier cousin - novaPDF Lite from giveawayoftheday.com.. :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version