ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > General Review Discussion

Free PDF tools review?

<< < (7/14) > >>

Carol Haynes:
Presumably they want you to buy their other products - none of which are free (though they are reasonably priced).

jzippo:
Why would you want to name your company Tracker Software? :huh: Makes me think about spyware and those sort of things. Does anyone know if PDF-XCHANGE VIEWER is free from that kind of stuff?

Carol Haynes:
If you are worried check out:

http://www.snapfiles.com/opinions/pdf-xchange-viewer/pdf-xchange-viewer.html

Other free download sites have similar good reviews of their software and all that I looked at say they are adware/spyware free.

Why should it be surprising to find a company offering a PDF viewer for free? There are loads of free PDF viewers out there - most companies offering similar have companion products which they want to sell to offer full Adobe Acrobat style PDF creation and editing facilities. A free, good quality viewer is one way of encouraging purchases.

jzippo:
My understanding was that PDF-XChange Viewer Free wasn't simply a reader but also useful for annotating PDF-documents. My experience of such software is that is not free, and if it is free it comes with some kind of limitation so as to provide an incentive to get the non-free version. I am of the opinion that one should always try to exercise caution when something seems to be too good to be true. The reviews from snapfiles seems to be extremely positive, and that too triggers my critical mind, but I guess I will have to find out for myself now. If it does provide good annotation capabilities for free and with no limitations, then that is all that I need.

PhilB66:
PDF-XChange Viewer was featured on Lifehacker on June this year, and the reviews are good. Having said that, it might have the same compatibility issues as with Foxit (read the comments on Lifehacker), but hey it's free.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version