ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Poll : What is the most useless key on the keyboard

<< < (2/7) > >>

nudone:
Well, at work I press scroll lock all the time - it's part of my KVM's hotkey (uncustomizable). 

But, I would have to say that the "right-click" key is the most unused key on my keyboard.

The other two that are right up there are right-ctrl and right-alt, in that order.

Kevin
-kfitting (February 10, 2007, 08:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

you are right, kfitting. these keys are so useless i had completely forgotten that they were there: alt-gr (or right alt), right winkey, right click menu key and right ctrl.

i can honestly say that i think i've never hit the right winkey - not even out of curiosity.

jgpaiva:
Notice that there's no right winkey, num-lock or scrl-lock in laptops!
(actually, there's num-lock and scrl-lock, but you can only get to those through fn-key, which renders those unnusable)

app103:
The turbo key.

All the combos except turbo+F11 don't even work. (and I can even live without that combo)

drumtrucker:

the 'enter' key

tranglos:
For me, the most useless (and also the most anoying) key in my keyboard is definitelly the 'insert' key. I always wondered why people invented that thing. I even removed it from my external keyboard, because i kept inadvertely pressing it, and overwriting stuff!-jgpaiva (February 10, 2007, 07:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

Heh, I can't live without Insert. Word has always had a fantastic feature which makes Insert work as Ctrl+V, ie Paste. It's much, much faster that way for me. I find Ctrl+Insert for Copy fast than Ctrl+C too, perhaps because I'm better at using my right hand.

I carried that over to some of the programs I've written, using Insert to mean "add new [thing]", where "thing" is whatever the program is designed to handle, e.g. add a new address in an addressbook, add a new password in a password manager, etc.

The upshot is, I cannot work with any of the newer keyboards where the insert/delete/home/end/pgup/pgdn keys are not arranged in two rows, 3+3. Any other layout and I'm helpless :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version