ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Non-stop refreshing

<< < (2/6) > >>

lanux128:
yes, it refreshes, pauses a second then refreshes again.. an endless cycle.. anyway, i'm attaching the INI file, in case you want to have a look..

ScreenshotCaptor.ini.txt (7.88 kB - downloaded 360 times.)

P.S. the system doesn't allow me to attach the INI file so i'm renaming it..

xcopy:
Same here.

1) I placed an "Archive" folder in my standard screenshot directory.
The updating makes the pane flash every 4 seconds and never stops flashing. I'm getting wooozy ;)

2) Additionally it steals the focus.
1. After opening SSC choose "MoveTo... > Configure MoveTo Folder List"
2. Place Cursor in the MoveTo Folders box
3. Wait a couple of seconds till the left pane refreshes
4. The options window is gone

3) And a third problem with this pane:
When I try to drag and drop an image to my Archive folder I get the error
"Access violation at address 00779523 in module 'ScreenshotCaptor.exe'. Read of address 00000330"
--- End quote ---
and SSC crashes.

After the restart I got
"The work item queue of the TWorkerThreadPool should be empty now, nut the number of elements were: 2 (C:\Libs\BCB6\JAMSoftware\ShellBrowser\BCB6\lib\ThreadPool.pas, line 820)"
--- End quote ---
(I don't have C:\Libs\ so there's something hardcoded?)

mouser:
:( something is clearly wrong with the thumbnail browser pane..
lanux do you also have non-image files in your screenshot directory.. might that be the clue?
I'm trying to think what could cause this on your systems but not mine.

what OS are you two using?
Anything else strange about it? if you experiment can you figure out when this behavior happens and when it doesnt?

xcopy:
Nothing special here. Tested on WinXP pro and home with different themes.
As lanux wrote: apparently it's the custom folder we have in the screenshot directory.

I just played around a bit (deleted the custom folder, created a new one, recreated the old one) and now the refreshing is gone.
Instead I  am getting that second error message I posted with each SSC start. The number of elements in this message correspond to the number of screenshots in my default screenshot directory.
 :tellme:

mouser:
damn it this release sounds like its going to bring some troubles  :( :( :(
i just wish i knew why it was doing this..
the error you are seeing is an exception being thrown in the 3rd party thumbnail explorer library i use.. damn thing  :mad:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version