ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

CPU Usage shoots up to 100% !?!

<< < (5/7) > >>

Dirhael:
just a small update.. there is a known problem where upon installing WinXP SP2, the CPU usage maxes out at 100%. probably it's not related to me as mine is an Abit motherboard related problem but i was curious to try it out.

so as per instruction, i requested for this hot-fix by giving them my email but it has been like 3 days and i've yet receive any reply.. :o even though, there was a notice saying: "A Microsoft Professional will respond to you via e-mail within 8 business hours."

• http://support.microsoft.com/kb/890582

-lanux128 (September 06, 2007, 08:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

I just went hunting around the web for you, and found said hotfix without having to contact Microsoft :)

I uploaded it for you here: [Download KB890582 here]

lanux128:
thanks Dirhael! that is wonderful.. :Thmbsup: i just checked my mail again and no news yet, so i'm going to use the link and will keep you posted. thanks again.. :)

Dirhael:
No problem at all :)

Junglerooster:
My CPU recently burnt up and I replaced it.  Since replacing my cpu, it runs at 100% almost all the time.  When I resart my computer it takes a while to load.  Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Junglerooster

OGroeger:
Hm, maybe the cpu cooler is not correctly mounted and the thermal protection slows the cpu down. Did you check the cpu temperature?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version