topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 12:38 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Woodbin.com - Woodworking Software Central  (Read 6939 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Woodbin.com - Woodworking Software Central
« on: February 06, 2007, 11:40 PM »
Woodbin.com - Woodworking Software Central

Welcome to WoodBin. This is the place to learn about woodworking software and locate woodworking reference information. Make sure you check out our online woodworking utilities and the woodworking software listings.
Wood Finish Selector - An online tool that helps you select the best wood finish for your projects. Finishes are ranked according to the properties that you select using a ranking scale from 0 (worst) to 5 (best).
GNCutter32
Panel cutting optimization library with innovative features specifically for wood panel cutting. For example, layout minimization allows cutting several panels at once in order to reduce cutting time by placing the panels into a pile. You can use the library's API to create custom cutting operations that can can be integrated into existing CAD/CAM software or embedded directly to cutting machines running MS Windows (XP, CE or Mobile).  Optimalon Software.

from cranioscopical post

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Woodbin.com - Woodworking Software Central
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 07:42 AM »
I just wanted to update this ans say this one page is incredibly useful if you are building bookcases and stuff:
http://www.woodbin.c.../calcs/sagulator.htm

It helps you calculate the maximum span without sagging for different materials.

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Woodbin.com - Woodworking Software Central
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 03:29 PM »
I just wanted to update this ans say this one page is incredibly useful if you are building bookcases and stuff:
http://www.woodbin.c.../calcs/sagulator.htm

It helps you calculate the maximum span without sagging for different materials.
It's certainly useful. Like many others, I keep an old PC in my workshop. That gives me fast access to a lot of stuff that used to require reference books. Also, I can enlarge wording that's on the screen, if need be, which saves the annoyance of fiddling around changing spectacles.