ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > The Getting Organized Experiment of 2006

Do wallpapers aid your productivity?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Veign:
My thoughts on this:
http://www.veign.com/blog/2005/10/add-some-usefullness-to-your-desktop.html

Of course I have a blog post on it.  Looking back after 1300+ blog posts in a 1.5 years how much I have covered...

mouser:
Add guidelines to any image to show different resolutions. This is what my desktop looks like. I have my resolution set to 1280 x 1024 and have an image on my desktop with guidelines for 640 x 480, 800 x 600, and 1024 x 768. What this does is let me see how much of a screen an applications window will fill.
--- End quote ---

hey now that is clever.. i've never heard of that idea before. very clever.

MerleOne:
Here is mine.  Actually I found it on a Linux distribution (Linspire ?).  I like the fact it's almost a uniform background so I can better see the icons and their name.

Do wallpapers aid your productivity?

Veign:
Add guidelines to any image to show different resolutions. This is what my desktop looks like. I have my resolution set to 1280 x 1024 and have an image on my desktop with guidelines for 640 x 480, 800 x 600, and 1024 x 768. What this does is let me see how much of a screen an applications window will fill.
--- End quote ---

hey now that is clever.. i've never heard of that idea before. very clever.
-mouser (February 07, 2007, 11:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

Helps if you do any kinda of application development or web development work...

Redhat:
Personally, I absolutely always use a wallpaper that makes me smile / feel warm / depicts something I'm working towards. It's amazing what a difference an image can make, but it does.

I could go into the psychology if you want but I'm doing enough of that at work today... fecking colleague and me are the only ones in and I'm running around like a blue-arsed fly  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version