ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Software for planning wood bookcases/cabinets/tables etc?

<< < (12/77) > >>

mouser:
Here are some finished pictures, with my apologies to everyone who thought i should leave some natural wood.  In the end I decided that I really did want a "built-in" look where the bookcase felt like just another one of the white walls:

ps1.
with all the trouble i went to to install "crown molding" at the top, you can barely see it (neither in pictures or in real life)!

ps2.
those funny little things you see on left+right side at waist level are speaker wires, since i plan to add some speakers at either end (i only wish i had remembered to put a power outlet on each unit).

ps3.
the very bottom left+right corners are not "covered" -- there is ethernet, power, and cable wiring accessible there.

ps4.
final dimensions: 17' long by 9' high, 12" deep at bottom, 8" deep at top.

f0dder:
Looks good! :)

seedling:
mouser: the creator of all things virtual and real.  nice job on the construction there!

Darwin:
Beautiful - I love the contrast with the parquet flooring. I can see the crown molding - looks nice. It's discreet, which is good.

While it's still empty, why not cut out some pass-throughs (I *think* that's the right term) for a couple of extension cords? That way you can get power to either end and still have it hidden. You can also use one of those "thingies" (that IS a technical term) that converts your two outlet wall socket into six so that you still have power in the middle of the shelf.

Just a thought...

lanux128:
nice work, mouser.. :Thmbsup: i'm hoping to post pics of my bookshelf in a day or two.. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version