ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Software for planning wood bookcases/cabinets/tables etc?

<< < (72/77) > >>

wraith808:
Nice homage to your Pops.   :Thmbsup:
-skwire (April 12, 2019, 03:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

8) :up:

mouser:
My latest project, a custom board game table top for recording youtube board game videos:

Maple rails, with a 3' x 4' center playing area, inset about 2.5" deep, with a recess to hide mat edges.  The bottom is hard wood veneered plywood (cherry).  I could have used standard plywood for the bottom as I can't imagine ever playing on it without a mat, but I happened to have a good full sheet of the cherry veneered plywood so I used that, and finished everything as if it were going to be seen.

I used my "normal" finishing method, which I swear by, and think I have described above: Analine dyes followed by 6 or so coats of Arm-R-Seal semi-gloss, followed by 2 coats of Arm-R-Seal satin, about 8 hours apart each coat, sanded lightly 300grit between coats.  Takes lots of time but its smooth as silk and almost foolproof.

mouser:
See if you can spot cody :)

wraith808:
My latest project, a custom board game table top for recording youtube board game videos:
[ Invalid Attachment ]
[ Invalid Attachment ]
[ Invalid Attachment ]

Maple rails, with a 3' x 4' center playing area, inset about 2.5" deep, with a recess to hide mat edges.  The bottom is hard wood veneered plywood (cherry).  I could have used standard plywood for the bottom as I can't imagine ever playing on it without a mat, but I happened to have a good full sheet of the cherry veneered plywood so I used that, and finished everything as if it were going to be seen.

I used my "normal" finishing method, which I swear by, and think I have described above: Analine dyes followed by 6 or so coats of Arm-R-Seal semi-gloss, followed by 2 coats of Arm-R-Seal satin, about 8 hours apart each coat, sanded lightly 300grit between coats.  Takes lots of time but its smooth as silk and almost foolproof.
-mouser (September 28, 2020, 12:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

Wow!  Really nice!  I've been thinking of getting on- maybe I should just pay you to make me one! ;)

Ath:
Wow, looking fantastic, real craftmanship! :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

See if you can spot cody :)
-mouser (September 28, 2020, 12:55 PM)
--- End quote ---
Found 'm ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version