ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Software for planning wood bookcases/cabinets/tables etc?

<< < (55/77) > >>

mouser:
I regret not putting them closer to the outside edges.

They had to be inset from back a couple of inches because there is baseboard trim i want to clear so the back of the cabinet can be flush against the wall.

But yeah, I actually think it would have looked nicer if the legs were closer to front and thus more visible.

mouser:
I see what you mean about the stain bringing out the character of the wood more.
--- End quote ---

Truthfully I'm always a little trepidatious when it comes to staining wood.. Part of me always looks at it afterwards and feels it looks too "blotchy".
But after I build up a nice thick satin finish of urethane, I feel like it looks a lot better, at least in person.  In photos it still looks a little blotchy to me.

And I'm still unconvinced as to whether I chose correctly going with this lighter reddish/orangeish stain, instead of my normal dark brown stain, but that ship has sailed.

f0dder:

But yeah, I actually think it would have looked nicer if the legs were closer to front and thus more visible.-mouser (July 27, 2018, 04:52 PM)
--- End quote ---
I, on the other hand, find the look pretty great. Having the legs flush with the rest of the structure seems... blocky, I guess. Current placement is good :)

And I'm still unconvinced as to whether I chose correctly going with this lighter reddish/orangeish stain, instead of my normal dark brown stain, but that ship has sailed.-mouser (July 27, 2018, 04:55 PM)
--- End quote ---
Oh, this is the light color I slammed on IRC? Looks a lot nicer on the finished product!

If you were to pick a darker tint, I think a deep chestnut kinda thing would have been nice in that setting.

mouser:
Loaded up with some stuff:
Software for planning wood bookcases/cabinets/tables etc?

wraith808:
I, on the other hand, find the look pretty great. Having the legs flush with the rest of the structure seems... blocky, I guess. Current placement is good
-f0dder (July 27, 2018, 06:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

Agreed!  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version