ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Software for planning wood bookcases/cabinets/tables etc?

<< < (47/77) > >>

mouser:
In the carcass?
--- End quote ---
Nope, keep looking.

mouser:
Here it is upright so you can see exactly where it will be and how much space it will occupy.

cranioscopical:
Here it is upright so you can see exactly where it will be and how much space it will occupy.
--- End quote ---

Nice work  :up:

mouser:
I haven't made too many mistakes so far, but the doors have been a predictable struggle.
One problem was of my own making in the design stage.  I should have known not to try to put a double door where two doors close and meet in the middle.  Inset doors are hard enough, but having two doors meet with no vertical divider between them makes alignment even more difficult.  The eyes notice a misalignment here more than anywhere i think.  Plus it looks a little odd.  So after failing to get my doors to align sufficiently well, and cutting them too narrow, I decided to back up and put a vertical rail divider between them.  Makes accessing the contents slightly less convenient but I think it will look better...

Now I have to pick out some pulls for the drawers.. I have been using these T-bar pulls in other builds and I like them, so I'll probably go with them for the drawers and doors:

mouser:
Here are the new doors, with the new vertical divider between them.

They are attached with concealed (euro) hinges.

Btw I actually had to recut a replacement for one of the doors.. I was trimming it down to fit in the new smaller space and made a beginner mistake trying to take it off the tablesaw before the blade completely finished spinning and it got caught in the blade and put a big gash in it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version