ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Another ClipBoard and text manager etc.

<< < (2/2)

allen:
Raising a dead topic here, but I'm a latecomer to the community, I missed it first time around ;)

Anyway, AceText is a great program.  I used Clipmate for years -- and still hail it as the grandfather of clipboard extenders and without a doubt the most robust/feature rich -- but has become a bit too robust for my taste.  AceText came along just in time -- it's featherlight, powerful and has great keyboard support.  As a long time fan of JGSoft's products, I found its interface very easy to get used to -- his products are semi-homogeneous in that way.  Yay AceText.  I use it daily -- as well as CH+S -- the latter is especially handy with ctrl+alt+q 's menu.

Where RegexBuddy is concerned, I'm not sure why it's his one product that has no trial (even his 150.00 grep tool has a trial! ) -- but I've used a lot of regex applications and RegexBuddy is hands down the best.  RegexCoach is probably my second choice -- but it's no RegexBuddy.

That said, if you are completely green to regular expressions, RegexBuddy isn't your ticket out of learning them.  While it's the most user-friendly regex editor I've used, you still need to be familiar with the logic of regex to make it work its magic.  It comes with a great tutorial, though -- and JGSoft's own Regex Website provides a great guide for novices as well as a refresher for seasoned users.

I really, really enjoy working with regular expressions -- which is a big reason I'm such a fan of JGSoft's products -- they're all very well support regex -- EditPad Pro's find/replace box even has regex syntax highlighting! Mmm, Regex.  ( I know, regex love isn't natural . . . oh well, what can you do?)

Carol Haynes:
I know, regex love isn't natural . . . oh well, what can you do?
-allen (February 14, 2006, 09:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

Cody can provide counselling if required ...

Alternatively drinking can distract you long enough to go cold-turkey.

Rover:
Cody can provide counselling if required ...

Alternatively drinking can distract you long enough to go cold-turkey.

--- End quote ---

Carol, I think I love you  :-*

It's your little bits of humor (and the twirling girl skater) that just do it for me  ;)

[for the humor impared: this is said in jest]  :D

Carol Haynes:

Darwin:
If you want to give RegEx a go, personally I would trust them on the 3 month offer - but as you say it is a bit odd they don't offer a time limted trial.-Carol Haynes (August 19, 2005, 06:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

I did just that and had no trouble getting a refund whatsoever, though they did write back asking to clarify why I wanted a refund.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version