ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Another ClipBoard and text manager etc.

(1/2) > >>

Carol Haynes:
Just thought I'd let people know about JGSoft's AceText.

It does a lot of the thing Clip&Spell does and more. You may like to ckeck out the trial version.

See www.acetext.com

and for other JG Soft software (including EditPad Pro and Free versions) www.jgsoft.com

mouser:
nice. jgsoft have some really nice programs, including a really nice search+replace tool and regular expression helper.

zridling:
Yea, but it's crazy not to offer a trial version of RegexBuddy according to JGSoft:

There is no free evaluation version of RegexBuddy.

But you're welcome to buy it first, and then go through the trouble, expense, and wait to get your money back if you don't like it. Is anyone else online that brave?

jpfx:
I have regex buddy but find it difficult to use for perl regex, inasmuch that it's always quicker to google for answers (so far).
Could be me but if it's going to make regex easier then it has to be simple to use.

Carol Haynes:
I have to say I really like JGSoft as a company. They respond to queries quickly and their software is good quality and regularly updated.

I do have a copy of RegExBuddy, but I can't honestly say I have used it enough to comment on any short comings. EditPad Pro is an excellent product (and there is even a free version available), and AceText has lots of good things to it.

To be honest I bought AceText quite a while ago and shortly afterwards reinstalled Windows and forgot to install AceText again. It was neat to rediscover it today when I got an update email from them!

If you want to give RegEx a go, personally I would trust them on the 3 month offer - but as you say it is a bit odd they don't offer a time limted trial.

Incidentally some of their software is fully functional without purchase. HelScribble works fine, it is complete and doesn't expire but includes a footnote on help pages when the program isn't registered (which are removed as soon as the prog is registered so no work is lost). Also DeployMaster is fully functional, you just aren't allowed to distribute built applications without a license.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version