ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SuperboyAC's DC blog #2 (Live Search feature in software)

<< < (5/15) > >>

EWek1:
What about google desktop search?  No mention?

superboyac:
-EWek1 (February 22, 2007, 01:08 PM)
--- End quote ---
Well, I don't use google desktop, so  I wouldn't be in a position to analyze it.  Feel free to contribute if you're familiar with it!

Darwin:
Darwin, thanks for the DOpus screenshot.
--- End quote ---

No problem, Superboyac! Thanks for a great little overview of live search (and again for pointing out the live filter in Dopus).

WhiteLion:
Nice post! I'll have to check out Directy Opus again. <a href="http://www.ookii.org/software/findasyoutype/">Find as you type</a> for I.E. is a super nice one to have.

EWek1:
-EWek1 (February 22, 2007, 01:08 PM)
--- End quote ---
Well, I don't use google desktop, so  I wouldn't be in a position to analyze it.  Feel free to contribute if you're familiar with it!
-superboyac (February 22, 2007, 03:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've been using GDS for a while, and it's pretty decent.  The live searching feature, though, it 100% robust and fully capable.  It's lightning fast, it indexes pretty much everything one would want (and you can exclude certain items/drives/etc).  In the scope of this article, though, the find-as-you-type is first-in-class.  My .02.  Thanks for the write-up, I'm currently trying to make my way through the Opus 8 manual.  Looks good so far.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version