ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SuperboyAC's DC blog #2 (Live Search feature in software)

<< < (4/15) > >>

johnfdeluca:
Roboform (one of my must-have apps) has quick seach as well.  I use it instead of bookmarks because of the quick seach.  It works not just for password protected sites, but any site.  The seach as you type feature is in my opinion one of the strongest draws for me.

Roboform is the top-rated Password Manager and Web Form Filler that completely automates password entering and form filling.

http://www.roboform.com/
For information about the seach:  http://www.roboform.com/manual.html#search

app103:
Winamp's media library has this feature too....and it has to be the one thing that made the upgrade from v2 to v5 worth it.

Start typing "Pink Floyd" and by the time you have finished typing "Pink" you have a list of every song you own that either the song title, artist, or album contains "Pink" (not just beginning with it)...hit the space bar and add "F" and you will most likely have nothing but the Pink Floyd tunes you are looking for.

And it also works for single words in song titles. If you can only remember 1 word in the song's title, type that and you will easily find it in the list. (as long as it's not a really common word like 'the'  :P)

Darwin:
Like nudeone, I didn't know that Dopus 8.x had such a feature and have now implemented it. I can't believe I didn't know about it - I've been on Dopus since 6.1, for at least five years. Live and learn. Thanks Superboyac!

Darwin:
PS urlwolf - to see the filters next to location in Dopus, alt-click on a toolbar (or just right click and select customize). In the dialog that appears, select the Commands tab, then view. Now drag "file filter field" out of the dialog and drop it next to the location bar. VoilĂ !

SuperboyAC's DC blog #2 (Live Search feature in software)

superboyac:
This article is a nice idea, well thought out, well written, and informational.
A lot of care must have gone into this... it shows!
Thanks.
-cranioscopical (February 16, 2007, 10:04 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks cranio.  I love that feature, I had to get it out of my system!

Roboform (one of my must-have apps) has quick seach as well.
--- End quote ---
You know, I totally forgot about that!  I use Roboform, and it does have a very nice live search box for going through the passwords/bookmarks.

Winamp's media library has this feature too....and it has to be the one thing that made the upgrade from v2 to v5 worth it.
--- End quote ---
Ah, I don't remember that (I used to use Winamp).  I've since changed to foobar (I could probably do a blog on that alone).

Darwin, thanks for the DOpus screenshot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version