ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SuperboyAC's DC blog #2 (Live Search feature in software)

<< < (14/15) > >>

rjbull:
you know, i went back to the [EverNote] website...I didn't see anything about the standalone version.  I think there's a misunderstanding somewhere.  it's still a web only product.  It has a frontend that you can use on your PC, but it's still a web only product.  Maybe I'm mistaken, but I haven't seen anything to indicate otherwise.  And I didn't see any update to the old 2.2 version.
-superboyac (June 17, 2010, 02:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for checking.  I'd have been interested in an update to 2.2, heralding a return to a business model that I as a customer could live with.  No such luck, evidently   :(

daddydave:
you know, i went back to the website...I didn't see anything about the standalone version.  I think there's a misunderstanding somewhere.  it's still a web only product.  It has a frontend that you can use on your PC, but it's still a web only product.  Maybe I'm mistaken, but I haven't seen anything to indicate otherwise.  And I didn't see any update to the old 2.2 version.
--- End quote ---

Are you serious? Try the big Download Now button below Evernote for Windows on the right hand side of http://www.evernote.com. The filename is Evernote_3.5.4.2343.exe. Last time I checked you could create local notebooks in addition to accessing the web notebooks (Sadly the Windows Mobile version doesn't have local notebooks (last time I checked)).

EDIT: Just thought of this: Make sure you are not logged in when you go to the site

superboyac:
you know, i went back to the website...I didn't see anything about the standalone version.  I think there's a misunderstanding somewhere.  it's still a web only product.  It has a frontend that you can use on your PC, but it's still a web only product.  Maybe I'm mistaken, but I haven't seen anything to indicate otherwise.  And I didn't see any update to the old 2.2 version.
--- End quote ---

Are you serious? Try the big Download Now button below Evernote for Windows on the right hand side of http://www.evernote.com. The filename is Evernote_3.5.4.2343.exe. Last time I checked you could create local notebooks in addition to accessing the web notebooks (Sadly the Windows Mobile version doesn't have local notebooks (last time I checked)).

EDIT: Just thought of this: Make sure you are not logged in when you go to the site
-daddydave (June 17, 2010, 04:21 PM)
--- End quote ---
Well, to be honest, i didn't try it.  but I remember when v3 came out and I tried it, even if it can actually store the files locally, I didn't want to continue using it because it forced me to go through a registration process (userid, password).  I didn't see a way to just use the program without registering anywhere for anything.  But let me know if that is not the case anymore.  Maybe I'll try it out again at home in a sandbox or something.

daddydave:

Well, to be honest, i didn't try it.  but I remember when v3 came out and I tried it, even if it can actually store the files locally, I didn't want to continue using it because it forced me to go through a registration process (userid, password).  I didn't see a way to just use the program without registering anywhere for anything.
-superboyac (June 17, 2010, 05:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ah, got it now. Didn't know that not registering was a requirement. Yeah, it is still that way, so don't bother. It's great for me, because a big part of what I use it for is to grab offline copies of web pages, or clips from them. Kind of like people used to do with furl (haven't tried furl since it got bought by diigo.)

CodeTRUCKER:
PersonalBrain 5  8/10

* (6 is in beta)
* Almost true FAYT, except it can only find strings at the start of words.  It won't find "in" in the middle or end of words like "finding."
* Requires use of tabbing arrow keys down to result (if more than one) >> ENTER to locate search item, even if the only item on results list.
Side Note: This is not a small investment at $249, but the old adage "you get what you pay for" applies.  Phone tech support, numerous Camtasia"-style tutorials, live webinars with ability to submit questions and real improvement in development.  The 6 beta adds some real improvements over 5.  My primary beef is it's very Microsoft-centric, at least in Windows, but boasts Mac/Linux/Windows cross-platform.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version