ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SuperboyAC's DC blog #2 (Live Search feature in software)

<< < (3/15) > >>

brotherS:
Nice post! Azureus (http://azureus.sourceforge.net/) features find-as-you-type too, very helpful indeed.
--- End quote ---
I did not know that, and I used to use Azureus a long time ago.  I'll check it out, maybe it's a new feature.  Oh, I see, it just pops up as you start typing.  That's really good actually.  I would say that it gets a 10, just off of an initial glance.  It's done very well.
-superboyac (February 16, 2007, 11:59 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, I too think it's a 10, and you can now guess who helped them with continued feedback to bring it to this level. :D :D

Thanks to another guy with good ideas it now even has filter-as-you-type in the config too! I didn't saw that in any other program, and while I personally rarely need it, IMHO it's great!

brotherS:
I must say i really like the live search feature in Opera mail - i have not seen many mail clients to that. :(
-iphigenie (February 16, 2007, 01:21 PM)
--- End quote ---
When you really like "I have not seen many mail clients do that" features, you MUST check out Google Mail! :) True, you can't install it locally, but its features and the look and feel of it is just *awesome* IMHO. They also don't have a 'live search' (yet?), but I don't miss that with regard to email.

superboyac:
Yes, I too think it's a 10, and you can now guess who helped them with continued feedback to bring it to this level. cheesy cheesy

Thanks to another guy with good ideas it now even has filter-as-you-type in the config too! I didn't saw that in any other program, and while I personally rarely need it, IMHO it's great!
--- End quote ---
Good work, brotherS!  The live search in the options is awesome also!  That's a brilliant idea, I didn't even think about that.  I do seem to remember seeing that in some other software, but I don't remember which one.  For a second, I though it was Zoom Player, but it's not (although it could definitely use it, with all those options it has!). 

cranioscopical:
This article is a nice idea, well thought out, well written, and informational.
A lot of care must have gone into this... it shows!
Thanks.

urlwolf:
Yes, I too think it's a 10, and you can now guess who helped them with continued feedback to bring it to this level. cheesy cheesy

--- End quote ---

Good work, brotherS!  The live search in the options is awesome also!  That's a brilliant idea, I didn't even think about that.  I do seem to remember seeing that in some other software, but I don't remember which one.  For a second, I though it was Zoom Player, but it's not (although it could definitely use it, with all those options it has!). 
-superboyac (February 16, 2007, 02:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

Dear God,

If you really love me, please, please, make the developers of Dopus implement live search on the options pane.

Thanks,
-urlwolf

Great Post SuperboyAC!.

BTW, how do you get to see the filters next to the location bar in dopus?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version