ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

free, small, fast uninstaller replacement

<< < (5/7) > >>

Nxqd3051990:
Does Safarp remove all relative things of uninstalled software ?
I've used Your Uninstaller for months, it does well :)
Find sth faster and cleaner
nXqd

Nighted:
Here's one you guys may not have heard of, Revo Uninstaller. It's freeware. I still prefer Safarp though because it is very lightweight.

mwb1100:
Does Safarp remove all relative things of uninstalled software ?
-Nxqd3051990 (July 03, 2007, 12:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Safarp simply invokes the uninstall routine registered in Windows, just like the Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs (ARP) applet.

It's really just a lightweight version of ARP that doesn't take sooo...   long....  to....  load....   (what-the-#$% is ARP doing when it loads anyway?).

f0dder:
It's really just a lightweight version of ARP that doesn't take sooo...   long....  to....  load....   (what-the-#$% is ARP doing when it loads anyway?).
-mwb1100 (July 03, 2007, 02:09 PM)
--- End quote ---
I saw a description of that somewhere, probably on The Old New Thing blog. It does a lot of (imho, superfluous) crap, to detect things like how much the app is used, how big it is, etc. This means lot of registry access (not too bad), and a whole bunch of harddrive access as well, for each and every entry.

Lashiec:
But it seems that Safarp does the same, judging by Nighted's screenshot. Does it use a different method?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version