ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Delete protected index.dat files in Win XP with IE6 without reboot

<< < (2/2)

cmpm:
Cleanup is free, I thought the others were also.
Could be mistaken.

Curt:
I use IE7 and Maxthon 1.6 and they work fine together. But of course, if you have customized your IE6 you might not want IE7, because it  will not be customized and it is dull to look at, compared to the customized IE6 I had before. In fact, I miss the look of my IE6.

Edit: Read https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=8812.0 and try the free Returnil
- then there will be no index.dat to care about:

Edit2:
Features

The Returnil Virtual System:

> Keeps your System Partition safe when browsing the Internet

> Viruses, Trojans, Worms, Adware, Spyware, and unwanted content disappear with a simple reboot

> Enforces settings and protects your internet privacy

> Helps reduce overall disk wear by using memory rather than HDD cloning technology

> Saves you time, money, and lost hair by maintaining or improving peak computer performance

> Reduces or eliminates the need for routine disk de-fragmentation of your system partition

> Your spam filter is strong, but not infallible – Returnil will eliminate the consequences of opening infected e-mail and/or attachments

> Leaves absolutely no traces of computer activities

> Eliminates all activities even if your computer is powered-off or crashes

> Eliminates the danger of evaluating new software that does not require a reboot to install

> Offers stronger, simpler and smarter protection for your PC

> Seamless integration with supported Windows Operating Systems

> Easy to use, simple to configure, and the one tool in your arsenal that will be there to save the day when all else fails!

--- End quote ---

Nod5:
Cleanup is free, I thought the others were also.
Could be mistaken.
-cmpm (July 01, 2007, 01:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
No my mistake, will try out Cleanup now. Thanks for the help.

Curt,
Thanks for the feedback. Returnil sounds a bit like Sandboxie.

Curt:
To my understanding the biggest difference between Sandboxie (and all the others), on one side, and Returnil on the other side, is that the Sandbox family will work in (on?) a partition, but Returnil is solely working in memory. I have not yet tried Returnil myself, but I sure will, and I expect a lot of it.

And now Returnil is FREE for personal use:
http://www.returnilvirtualsystem.com/index_files/rvspersonal.htm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version