ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Removed Areas > Macromedia Flash

What is needed?

(1/2) > >>

Ruffnekk:
I'd like to get started on Flash programming, but can you advise me on what I would need (software/tools)?

Thanks!

mouser:
There are some reasonable open source flash actionscript ide stuff.. i think some links are posted in the dev corner thread..  this section could benefit from some links so if you find some please do post the links.

Arjen:
This article gives a nice introduction on how to get started with programming in Flash with open source tools (Eclipse IDE, MTASC compiler and others).

I just installed it myself yesterday. I promised mouser a while ago to post something on the MTASC compiler, so maybe this is the right occassion? :-}

Ruffnekk:
This article gives a nice introduction on how to get started with programming in Flash with open source tools (Eclipse IDE, MTASC compiler and others).

I just installed it myself yesterday. I promised mouser a while ago to post something on the MTASC compiler, so maybe this is the right occassion? :-}
-Arjen (January 30, 2007, 11:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

Okay that went well, but I run into one problem: I have to have access to the Macromedia Flash core classes. Any suggestion how I can get this without buying Macromedia Flash?

Arjen:
You can use all the "basic" ActionScript classes with MTASC.

If you want to use the MX components (GUI components etc.) you need to have a license. If you want to build a GUI in Flash you could use an open source alternative like AsWing.

You can view or download all the Flash documentation here. I recommend downloading the ActionScript language reference!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version