ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Clash of the languages

(1/2) > >>

Gothi[c]:
Cool statistics on programming language popularity up to date with long term graphs:

http://www.tiobe.com/tpci.htm

Looks like C++ has been on a constant downhill while java remains popular. I don't like this trend. I don't like it at all. :P

[edited to attach image]
Clash of the languages

f0dder:
Interesting - but do keep in mind that this is availability of engineers. Doesn't say anything about their abilities, though. So you get a zillion not-so-talented fresh-out-of-uni Java coders, what's that really worth? :)

Gothi[c]:
So you get a zillion not-so-talented fresh-out-of-uni Java coders, what's that really worth?

--- End quote ---
That is exactly the trend that is worrying me

Renegade:
Go C#! :)

Frameworks seem to be the way to go. They're just more productive. In a recent DotNetRocks podcast they talked about this issue. Java looks like it's on the decline though.

The Delphi decline isn't a surprise.

urlwolf:
In a 2006, the growth of Ruby is spectacular!
I think that might be ruby on rails and all the 37signals momentum.

I spent 2-3 years doing perl daily, never switched to python, but ruby (as soon as it has a good math library) may be interesting enough to try. Nowadays I try to stay as high - level as possible; R is still my fave.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version