ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Favorite ZIP/RAR application?

<< < (24/24)

y2kusuma:
Just had a response from winRar:

Please note that in the past we have had several promotion campaigns, offering WinRAR version-specific licenses with significant price discounts. For users who have bought such a license, the lifetime upgrade text is no longer valid and to avoid confusion we have taken it out from our websites.

For all the other WinRAR customers, who have purchased a regular license (even if the purchase has been made in 2005 or 2003 for example), we still offer free upgrades and updates. There are no indications that this policy will change in the near future.

--- End quote ---

Clear enough!
-Darwin (March 14, 2011, 10:38 AM)
--- End quote ---
-Curt (December 18, 2011, 09:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

Seems they have not taken any promotions out from their websites. If you go to their site, click buy now button, the shopping cart always includes promotion from Panda Antivirus Cloud. There is a promotion with Nova Backup also.

And there is not any mention at all about promotion and 'version specific' license in their site, in email, anywhere.

y2kusuma:
@y2kusuma:
From what I read I get the impression you first have to install WinRAR 4.01, use the license to register that specific version and then freely download/install updates.
-Shades (December 18, 2011, 05:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

I did as you suggest. It doesn't work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version