ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Favorite ZIP/RAR application?

<< < (20/24) > >>

AbteriX:
The only drawback of winrar occurs when I have to use a PC where it is not installed, and there is no "official" portable version.
-MerleOne (March 18, 2011, 08:59 AM)
--- End quote ---
There is "WinRAR Unplugged" > http://www.win-rar.com/unpluggedinfo.html

WinRAR Unplugged at a glance

WinRAR Unplugged is portable! Now you can take the best compression tool with
you wherever you go, giving you extra mobility and productivity!

WinRAR Unplugged is designed to work without installation from devices like USB/Flash drives, external harddrives etc.
--- End quote ---

Curt:
Registered Ashampoo customers can right now have PowerArchiver 2010 Pro (launched December 13, 2010) for merely $8, normal price $(35 ÷25%)

PowerArchiver Pro includes:

PowerArchiver 2010
Fastest multicore ZIP, ZIPX, Unrar, ISO utility on the market, with secure AES encryption and support for over 20 formats.
Only utility fully compatible with WinZip 15 and WinRar 4.0.

PowerArchiver Backup Pro
Schedule multiple backups, encrypt them, burn them to CD/DVD and FTP them to server. Great for both advanced and novice users.

PowerArchiver Data Burner
Fast file burner with support for CD, DVD and Blu-Ray.

PowerArchiver Virtual Drive
Easily mount Virtual Drive with ISO images. No need to Burn ISOs ever again!

PowerArchiver FTP
Simple FTP client that lets you easily transfer files directly from archives.

PowerArchiver Outlook-Plugin
Compress attachments in Outlook automatically with PowerArchiver. Advanced filtering and rules for power users.

--- End quote ---

Curt:
Registered Ashampoo customers can right now have PowerArchiver 2010 Pro (launched December 13, 2010) for merely $8, normal price $(35 ÷25%)PowerArchiver Pro includes:
--- End quote ---
-Curt (March 22, 2011, 03:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

I should also mention that PowerArchiver now includes this new thing called PatchBeam:

What is Patchbeam?
Patchbeam is unique end-to-end service that lets software companies integrate patching into their own software solutions, without having to write any code at all. It is simple, convinient way to reduce your bandwith costs up to 20x and provide superior experience for customers. It is currently being tested in award winning PowerArchiver application.    

----------------------------
Spotlight: PowerArchiver
PowerArchiver is compression utility that gets downloaded around 3,000,000 times per year, from ConeXware, Inc servers alone. It has won many awards, including coveted PC Magazine's Best Buy award.
With PowerArchiver, we had standard update system which consisted of downloading latest installer from within customized interface - which is what 95% of software companies currently use..
With introduction of Patchbeam, we lowered our update costs by 20x on average and increased customer satisfaction with our 2 second updates.    
 -ConeXware.Inc
--- End quote ---

mwb1100:
Registered Ashampoo customers can right now have PowerArchiver 2010 Pro (launched December 13, 2010) for merely $8, normal price $(35 ÷25%)
-Curt (March 22, 2011, 03:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm a fan of PowerArchiver. For some reason WinRAR's interface didn't click with me, and back when I bought PA, 7Zip didn't have the encryption capability I needed (I think that now it might).

Lifetime upgrades for personal licenses.  Fantastic support in the forums.

Note that they're beta-testing PA 2011 right now, and they're about to change the feature mix for standard/pro/toolbox (toolbox is the new 'kitchen sink' package of features).  For 2011 the 'Pro' version will miss some features that are in the 2010 Pro version (those features are moving to the Toolbox package).  However, if you have a 2010 Pro license, you'll be upgraded to a '2011 Pro Legacy' license that keeps those features intact - essentially you'll get a 2011 Toolbox license without the BitDefender AV license that they're bundling in Toolbox for some reason (which I personally have no need for anyway).

http://www.powerarchiver.com/blog/2011/03/07/powerarchiver-2011-whats-new/

I assume that the standard upgrade policy also applies to the Ashampoo offer, but you might want to double check.

Curt:
I assume that the standard upgrade policy also applies to the Ashampoo offer, but you might want to double check.-mwb1100 (March 23, 2011, 04:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

-I don't think it does; the license box is stamped "Ashampoo Version".
But I have just now written the company and asked.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version