ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Favorite ZIP/RAR application?

<< < (11/24) > >>

Ehtyar:
Universal Extractor, though i love it to pieces, is not an archive manager. It uses 7zip for most of the standard archive formats, and various other unpackers/decompressors for installers and non-standard formats. Universal Extractor is merely a front-end for these tools (and a bloody good one at that).

Ehtyar.

jgpaiva:
Renegade:
I just downloaded the newest version of alzip, and i have 2 suggestions regarding speed extractor:
1 - the one i mentioned in this post, which i think i didn't express correctly.
2 - have an option for "don't open explorer after decompress", because i don't use explorer and find that a bit anoying :)

Regarding 1:
  Here's a better explanation for my problem.

Renegade:
Renegade:
I just downloaded the newest version of alzip, and i have 2 suggestions regarding speed extractor:
1 - the one i mentioned in this post, which i think i didn't express correctly.
2 - have an option for "don't open explorer after decompress", because i don't use explorer and find that a bit anoying :)

Regarding 1:
  Here's a better explanation for my problem.

-jgpaiva (August 02, 2007, 03:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Regarding #2 - That preference is set in the regular extraction window. Just uncheck it there. (I need to double check on that though...)

I'll have a look at #1 again on Monday - sorry - a bit busy at the moment. Hell season is here. :)

lanux128:
...as WinRAR has the same ability. When you're going to compress something, go to the "Files" tab and check "Put each file to separate archive". Pretty useful feature for those long ROM zipping sessions ;D. Although I don't know if it's capable of doing what sri was asking for in that thread :huh:-Lashiec (July 27, 2007, 09:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

Lashiec, i'm also a big fan of WinRAR but the feature you mentioned is for creating separate archives based on filename while sri was looking for solution to create separate archives based on filesize, hence the uniqueness of SpinZip.. :)

Nxqd3051990:
Thanks Renegade for great reply :)
Now I stick with 7zip, I leave winrar  :D
Of course, i'll give alzip a try :)
nXqd

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version