ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Accessibility Game Contest

--> Results of the Accessibility Game Programming Contest Are Now Posted !!!

<< < (2/4) > >>

arawkins:
Awesome, thanks mouser, IGDA Accessibility SIG and all of the sponsors for giving us this great contest, it was a lot of fun :D

Also congratulations to Farmsteader and Hanan, and all of the other devs, it was a lot of fun playing all of your games and seeing where everyone went with it. Some truly impressive and inspirational stuff!

I only wish we could have some kind of party. Vegas? 8)

-Alan Rawkins

James Sterrett:
Woohoo! :beerchug:

Tinjaw and I had a lot of fun with the contest, and have plans to create more games, including further development of Asteroids of Orion.  In fact, more plans than we have time.    :P  But, our plans are materially assisted by the Torque CP license and the Dark Game SDK!   8)

Congrats to everyone else in the contest - I haven't played all of them yet, but I'm working on it!   There are some really clever ideas in them.  :eusa_dance: 

mslaybau:
Without being too redundant, I would also like to congratulate not just the winners but everyone who entered; there were a lot of interesting ideas in the entries.
Competitions such as this are great motvators, and I look forward to the next!

vrgrrl:
Yes, VRGrrl is "Michelle Hinn" of the IGDA Game Accessibility SIG...and that's me! :)

I really, really want to say what an honor it was to see how much work clearly went into every entry and how excited I am to see game developers -- even if this was a first crack at creating a game -- take up the challenge that came with what some might at first say "limiting" rules. Some of the most creative designs can come from a rule such as "one switch" or "audio only" -- and I think that clearly we had some amazing examples of creativity from, hey, INSIDE the box. Add in a constraint and the human spirit can really rally to find solutions in new ways -- and this only results in games that open up game play options!

Did you know, for instance, that many experimental game play groups I've seen at GDC's over the past few years are still striving towards that audio only game and wouldn't it be amazing if such a game existed? Contests such as what DonationCoder has helped bring about helps demonstrate that it's not only possible (and amazing) but that it exists and has existed (some of our entrants have already had some experience in this area even!). And one-switch games? They are the new "one button games" that the mobile gaming industry is salivating over. Look up my last name at www.gdconf.com (hinn) and you can see the variety of game accessibility sessions I'll be running at the conference a few of the winners will be attending! I look forward to meeting you all there and to give you all the grand tour if you are first timers -- it's a big conference but it's also "home" for me. :) It's my favorite conference of the year!!

I'll soon be in email contact with all the winners to let them know more about the IGDA SIG and how to join in the community of developers creating games that are fun for all!

Again, congrats to all!!
Michelle (vrgrrl)

mouser:
By the way, even though Michelle doesn't post here too much, the entire concept of the contest was Michelle's and she arranged most of the prizes, so she's the one that made this whole thing possible.. Thanks Michelle  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version