ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Stickies 6.0a released

<< < (3/5) > >>

Nighted:
I totally agree with what Carol said. Stickies author is great and the program has some indispensable features. I can't wait to get network Stickies running over the web.

conceptworld:
Hello Dear Members,

I am from Conceptworld - The creator of the sticky notes program - NoteZilla - http://www.conceptworld.com/Notezilla

It is a great that some of you here love NoteZilla.

We are pleased to announce 30% discount for members of DonationCoder. 30% off on $29.95.

I just talked to Jesse Reichler. The discounts will be announced tomorrow.

Thanks for the opportunity.

Regards,
Gautam Jain

mouser:
Welcome to the site Guatam, glad to have you stop by  :Thmbsup:

Notezilla is definitely worth a try along with Stickies.. it's a wonderful situation when users have choices for both a great freeware tool and great shareware tool, and can choose the one that matches their needs best.

Member KenR should post here publicly the comments he told me when he tried Notezilla - he was quite in love with it and described his feelings in a very unusual way.  I'll let him describe it..

rjbull:
Stickies author is great and the program has some indispensable features.
-Nighted (January 29, 2007, 07:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

He certainly is.  I tried running Stickies 6.0 on a Win98 laptop, only to get a series of error messages.  They related to only having an old version of the JET database engine, and I couldn't find the update recommended in the Stickies help file, only a newer one.  The author said he hadn't tested that, but asked if I'd like a copy of the one he had tested, and when I said yes please, sent it immediately.  Seems to work fine now   8)

I'll be interested to try the feature that lets you stick notes to particular programs, though really I'd like that extended so I could stick notes to particular Web pages.  I'll also be interested to see how Stickies operates.  The sticky notes program I use at present, Magic Notes (cheap shareware), makes each note a hidden window, which I don't much like.  If I have to search for other hidden windows, those get in the way.  If Stickies works from a database and the notes are hidden, I'd prefer that.   On the other hand, the alarm settings in Magic Notes are more obvious / easier to set, though neither program seems to have alarms quite as powerful as I'd like.

kfitting:
I thought you could stick stickies to a particular webpage?  The recognition is based off the window title.  I've only tried it while coding in the Excel VBA editor, but I stuck the note to only the project I wanted.  As long as your browser shows the website in the titlebar it should work.

Kevin

[Edit] I just did it with this page.  Make sure you make the note always on top!  A little playing around and you can probably make notes for domains as well (dependent on the website's title layouts).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version