ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skrommel's Software

Accents

(1/3) > >>

Prep:
I must have lost my mind because I just cannot figure this - Press a key three or more times to apply accents.
Applying that rule I will obtain three or more of the same letter, logic. There is a hidden clue - This program was made using AutoHotkey.
The ini file I can understand but how do I add a hotkey?
Where am I going off the rails?

lanux128:
The ini file I can understand but how do I add a hotkey?
--- End quote ---
did you meant the accented keys? if so, right-click on the systray icon & choose settings and the ini file will open..

then, e.g. the letter a, after 'key=a', add your own accents following by initial letter (a) at the bottom of the list. and you're good to go.. here's a sample of my ini file for letters 'a' & 'e' where i've added a few accented letters..

[1]
key=a
1=ã
2=à
3=á
4=â
5=ä
6=å
7=a

[2]
key=e
1=æ
2=ë
3=ê
4=è
5=é
6=e

Prep:
Thanks lanux128, happy to see someone else using it. How do you now apply it when typing?
I have to use ê very often, daily, but still using alt234.

lanux128:
actually i use either AllChars or Autohotkey depending on the computer.. :) but i keep Accents just in case, i'm dumped someplace where either of the above-mentioned tools is not available..

anyway, back to your question.. if Accents is running, you can press the designated key repeatedly until you get to the character that you want.. also, as a visual guide, a tooltip will pop-out showing the available accented characters.. btw i think the screenshot will make things a bit clearer.. ;)

Typing the letter 'e'

Prep:
Thanks lanux128 for your patience and efforts but it must be my fault. I use an old 98SE puter to test progs and could not find anything to the contrary on the d/l page.
I also scanned the AutoHotkey site (Changes and New Features) to double check if there is an indication that 98 excluded but found nothing there either.
Only after yr second response I tried Accents on my XP puter and now all fine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version