ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Unfinished Requests

IDEA: OCR & paste

<< < (3/7) > >>

mouser:
If someone is willing to write up a little summary of the pros and cons of these different tools, we'll see if we can't contact them and get a discount for members.

app103:
Maybe some day if mouser is feeling adventurous, he might add something like this to Screenshot Captor?

Take a screenshot and then use OCR to scrape text from that screenshot, and save the text, rather than the image.

mouser:
i actually looked into this using an open source ocr tool, but it did such a bad job of ocr that i ditched the idea.
do remember that screenshot captor has lots of functions for adding 3rd party commandline tools as menu items so if someone has an ocr tool that works via commandline, you could interface it.

murple:
I think this is a fantastic idea. I've been wanting to make a small AutoHotkey script for some time which is a simplified version of this. It would just pop-up a transparent, non-intrusive inputbox, allow you to type into it and when you hit enter it disappears and copies the text to the clipboard. I do this sort of thing many times everyday, but since I haven't made the program I usually end up hitting Win+R to type into the Start -> Run box, then do Shift+Home and Ctrl+C, Esc. Anyhow, I just wanted to express my enthusiasm for this project. Too bad the opensource OCR package Mouser found wasn't up to the task.

rjbull:
would just pop-up a transparent, non-intrusive inputbox, allow you to type into it and when you hit enter it disappears and copies the text to the clipboard.
-murple (January 10, 2007, 05:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Murple,

Unless I'm missing something, this doesn't look like OCR... if you just want to put text into the clipboard, there's lots of ways of doing it.  E.g. using Mouser's own Clipboard Help + Spell, you call up the main window, Edit, Insert New Clip.  ClipCache has similar.  Or, from a command line, try Horst Schaeffer's ClipText.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version