topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:09 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Language Update Mod  (Read 9754 times)

gri

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • Space Human
    • View Profile
    • SMF2+ EDITGIFT
    • Donate to Member
Language Update Mod
« on: January 20, 2007, 07:30 AM »
{
   >winding<
   Language Update Mod
<< http://gri.sunshineh...ic=111.msg163#msg163
}
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 04:36 AM by gri »

Wordzilla

• Forum Search Daemon
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Two there should be; no more, no less.
    • View Profile
    • FreeThesaurus.net - The Free Online Synonym Finder
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Language Update Mod
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 07:33 AM »
Originally posted here: https://www.donation...63.msg49485#msg49485

... :-\

Well, maybe I'm just one of the low life forms on earth who's not able to see through this mist of secrecy and comprehend this extraterrestrial wisdom.

Just want to say that ppl usually post and read on forums hosted on Earth (like ours) for good reasons, i.e. they want to share useful info with others, get opinions, find solutions, etc. - in the shortest time possible. I doubt posting something far beyond ppl's normal comprehension is helpful to them.

And every forum is in its essence a community in which etiquette is always appreciated.

DC forum is in my eyes, a great, cherished community. Most members here show respect for each other - not only in that they are friendly to each other, extremely low rate of flaming as you can see, but also in that they make meaningful posts in meaningful ways that help other members here find what them want, for them to be more productive. That's what I see as being respectful, and I appreciate it from time to time.

Unfortunately I failed to find the same satisfaction in your posts (99% of them, if not 100%). Last time you posted, it took me 15 mins simply trying to figure out "what the hell is that post about?" before I lost interest and gave up.

If someone fears that his post might get blast into oblivion because the forum is moderated (c'mon, which isn't?), then he must realize that it would certainly not help to make a post on a forum which does nothing but links to another (actual) post on another forum - because sooner or later there'll be enough members in the community who find this person annoying and ask him to be banned.  :)

Gri:
I, for one, request that you show respect to your/our folks who hang around here who do not want to waste their time clicking and seeing something that they might not ever understand. And I'm committed to repeating such words and this request in every single thread that doesn't make sense.  :)

Sincerely,
Anderson

brotherS

• Master of Good Ideas
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Language Update Mod
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 07:42 AM »
Gri:
I, for one, request that you show respect to your/our folks who hang around here who do not want to waste their time clicking and seeing something that they might not ever understand. And I'm committed to repeating such words and this request in every single thread that doesn't make sense.  :)
Well said, I totally agree.

gri: What is your purpose in life? (SS5+)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 07:45 AM by brotherS »