ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

wanted: quiet external HD (case) (not wanted: crying children)

<< < (2/6) > >>

f0dder:
If you have motherboard support for it, I'd get an eSATA enclosure... faster & more stable than usb/firewire stuff.

brotherS:
I'd buy an IDE/SATA enclosure that plugs in via USB. That will allow you to use any drive as "hot-swappable."
-Deozaan (January 18, 2007, 04:53 PM)
--- End quote ---
Are there cases that offer a good noise level and at the same time grant easy access to the HD?
That way I could use another old HD in the same case at a different time.

If you have motherboard support for it, I'd get an eSATA enclosure... faster & more stable than usb/firewire stuff.
-f0dder (January 18, 2007, 05:53 PM)
--- End quote ---
No, my PC is too old for that. Hmm... I never even consciously heard "eSATA" being mentioned anywhere.
 :D

mattsmith321:
What model would accompany my quiet PC (https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=6318.0) perfectly? Price is important, but silence too.
-brotherS (January 18, 2007, 07:22 AM)
--- End quote ---
I didn't look at your system, but I have been pretty happy with a 250GB Western Digital MyLife. While I pointed you to NewEgg (which I highly recommend for buying PC stuff) I got mine from Dell with a 30% off coupon that I had. It ended up being too cheap to pass up. I initially considered just buying a hard drive and an external enclosure but decided not to mess with it. I do need to get another (that way I can have one off-site backup at all times) but not sure which direction I will go yet. Of course, my first pass at research is to order products at NewEgg by reviews and see which ones have really good reviews.

Dell[a]:
nobody mentioned the fact that the baby's shirt is sooooooo wrong....
babies need huggles and kisses just like you guys do when you are upset with your puters

CodeTRUCKER:
Dell[a] has a point.   :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version