ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

a 3D game that is only 97kb!

<< < (2/7) > >>

lanux128:
sorry if it has been mentioned before, but a search at the forums didn't turn up anything.. :) anyway, has anyone tried the game? curious to know because currently i don't have a 3d card..

f0dder:
I couldn't find it either, must be because it's been mentioned at other forums I frequent :)

Yeah, I tried it a couple of times. It's pretty heavy GPU-wise, iirc it wasn't 100% smooth on a radeon9600, a bit better at a GeForce6600, and runs pretty well on my current GF7600GT.

The AI and physics and such is pretty simple, but the procedurally generated textures are very pretty, the shaders (lighting, bumpmapping) make it look even better, and the geometry (probably also procedural :)) looks nice as well.

This approach won't really work for large-scale "real life" games IMHO, but it is pretty nifty nonetheless.

lanux128:
good to hear that it works well with GF7600GT, at least it doesn't crash horribly with other cards. since it's very small, i just might throw it into my usb stick for diagnostic purpose.. :)

mouser:
i played it to the end - amazing that they put that into 100k.

Lashiec:
i played it to the end - amazing that they put that into 100k.
-mouser (January 15, 2007, 09:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Considering what type of programming they're using, the amazing thing is that they didn't go mad during the process. And that the process resulted in something so incredible.

It runs on a GeForce7600 GT, huh? So it should run also on a Radeon X1600 Pro ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version