ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Paperless Home: Need document management software

<< < (10/12) > >>

Darwin:
Hmph! I just RMA'd my copy of PaperPort Professional 11 after having it loaded for three weeks. Two categories of issue for me: 1. BUGGY and SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW! 2. My suspicions were confirmed - I can't see the point. Don't misunderstand, there are some fantastic features - the cleanup tools for scans are BRILLIANT, but not worth the price for me. I can achieve everything with DOpus and do it a lot quicker. Note, too, that indexing using OCR is ridiculously slow.

I also have reservations about Scansoft/Nuance's technical support policy - one free call/e-mail and $9.95 per incident after that, regardless of whether it is a problem with their product or not. Note that even if they can't fix your problem,  you're still on the hook for $9.95. Paying to report bugs is not something I am prepared to do...

OK Rant over.

edbro:
I have a freeware program that will scan single/multiple pages and save to PDF. -edbro (January 14, 2007, 09:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

What is the program?

Chris
-Chris (January 23, 2007, 03:03 PM)
--- End quote ---
Sorry, I just noticed this request from a while back. The prog is Scan2PDF.
http://www.koma-code.de/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=39&Itemid=82

Darwin:
A thought/request: as noted above, I was very impressed with PaperPort 11 Pro's toolset for cleaning up scans (actually, any image file) and wonder if anyone knows of any standalone app that will accomplish the same thing? I'm using to Paint Shop Pro to achieve the same thing but it is not nearly as easy and, at least where the colour correction/replacment feature is concerned, seems more "lossy".

PS am editing jpgs that someone sent me from their scanner. I save that as psp files and then work on them - this does, to a degree cut down on "loss"...

tomos:
PS am editing jpgs that someone sent me from their scanner. I save that as psp files and then work on them - this does, to a degree cut down on "loss"...-Darwin (March 25, 2007, 11:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

another thing you can do is re-save it as a jpeg (same name or new name as you wish) and make sure its saved at lowest compression.

Darwin:
Thanks for the tip tomos - I'll give that a shot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version