ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Blogging platform for enterprise?

(1/1)

sri:
One of my colleagues asked me this:

........ has kindly mentioned that you may be able to provide some advice and perhaps a list of options for the selection of a blogging system.  Here are the high-level requirements:

* LDAP support
* easy to use for those not too savvy
* "brand-able"... able to plug into existing portal and support css
* multiple user roles
* extensible blog entry form... need to add custom fields and support application integration
* support a community size of about 1,000 bloggers (maybe more) and > 500,000 readers
* highly scalable... just add hardware
* and the other basic blogging functions

I am currently evaluating all options: open source, commercial, in-house, and hosted.  I am putting together a best-of-the-best list and plan on building a scorecard around this for presentation to upper management.
--- End quote ---

Can anyone recommend me possible blogging systems that meet the above requirements?

mouser:
moveabletype can be extremeley scalable since it generates static pages:
http://www.sixapart.com/movabletype/

Arjen:
You might want to consider the open source CMS's Drupal or Joomla!.

You can try out lots of open source CMS's at opensourcecms.com. (The CMS's are all installed as a demo and you can access them with admin rights.)

You can compare the features of CMS's at cmsmatrix.org.

sri:
Thanks mouser. MovableType is a nice fit.

Arjen: I don't see how CMS like Drupal, Joomla can be of any relevance here.

Arjen:
Arjen: I don't see how CMS like Drupal, Joomla can be of any relevance here.
-sri (January 12, 2007, 04:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

Don't know about Joomla!, but Drupal offers blogging functionality. It might be "too much of a CMS'' to your taste. Also, I might have gotten carried away a bit too much towards the CMS side. :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version