ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Any creative/crazy musicians around?

<< < (2/4) > >>

CodeTRUCKER:
Would it be a problem if it wasn't in a Pink Floyd style?

f0dder:
No problem at all, would be fun to see whatever the crazy/creative people here can come up with, even if it wont suit my crazy idea :D

CodeTRUCKER:
Well, I'd prefer the .xm format since it's tiny and there's some tiny libraries available for playback - would be fun fitting everything in 64kb, just like the good old days :-*
-f0dder (January 12, 2007, 07:51 PM)
--- End quote ---
I don't have that technology yet, but I bet someone can convert wav/mp3 to .xm.  Just in case I'll see if I can find a freeware converter somewhwere.

f0dder:
Well, I'd prefer the .xm format since it's tiny and there's some tiny libraries available for playback - would be fun fitting everything in 64kb, just like the good old days :-*
-f0dder (January 12, 2007, 07:51 PM)
--- End quote ---
I don't have that technology yet, but I bet someone can convert wav/mp3 to .xm.  Just in case I'll see if I can find a freeware converter somewhwere.
-Farmsteader (January 12, 2007, 07:59 PM)
--- End quote ---
Not really possible - .xm is a format that has samples/instruments, along with "patterns" that play them... you could imagine it kinda like midi, but with embedded samples for the instruments. That's why .xm files can be pretty darn small, compared to formats that a just compressed waveforms.

CodeTRUCKER:
* CT frowns... He doesn't know how to make this work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version