ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Any creative/crazy musicians around?

<< < (4/4)

Ruffnekk:
I think I was using Scream Tracker already back in the 80'ies, but it might have been another tracker. I never figured they would still be around ;) Fun thread :up: I hope if anything results from it it will be posted here as well.

CodeTRUCKER:
Isn't this kind of what was on the Commodore 64?

f0dder:
Farmsteader: more like on the amiga - C=64 used SID music.

Gothi[c]: the whole point about .xm is that there's really tiny libraries for playback :). Yeah, I do know .s3m and .it... as long as there's some decent ->.xm conversion that'd be okay though.

Ruffnekk: of course it'll be posted here. Won't have time to complete it before a month or so from now, but the code should be pretty simple. Finding some skilled people for music & artwork, that's the problem :)

Gothi[c]:
My tracker (cheesetracker) can load .xm but it can't save .xm :( Maybe I should find another one, but I like cheesetracker since all keyboard shortcuts are similar to Impulse tracker and scream tracker,...
When googling for a converter utility I could find this:

http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Multimedia_and_Graphics/MOD_Players_and_Editors/Free_IT_to_XM_converter.html

XM to IT converter is program to convert Impulse Tracker modules to Fast Tracker modules. All instruments and effects convert correctly. Try it.

--- End quote ---

Sounds nice, unfortionally it's only for windows, so I couldn't test it. I'm a bit confused though, the page title, zip filename and exe filename say IT2XM while the description sais XM to IT,...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version