ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Network Clien/Server based Password Management System?

(1/2) > >>

psych:
somewhat related to the helpdesk thread, does anyone know of a good multi-user client/server based network password manager?
We have to store countless passwords for the various systems we look after. We currently use an inhouse webfront onto a sql database, built using ms sharepoint, but this isn't as stable as we'd like with adding new passwords.
The advantage is that we can access the website from any pc with an internet connection.
Does anyone know of any similar products?

mouser:
A few of us here are RoboForm fans (I am).  I've not used it in client server situation though.  They have a page on business use: http://www.roboform.com/enterprise.html

But it sounds like to use it in this fashion youd have to have the data file on a mounted network drive.  Not sure if that's suitable for you.

jgpaiva:
I prefer keepass.
You could make it have the passwords file in your server and then acess it via ftp.

If you only have a few passwords, you might look at fsekrit wich would allow you to create an encryptable plain text file and have it in your server. It's the most portable solution because it doesn't envolve any instaling of programs on the client machine you can just download the passwords file (which would be only a few KB in size), excecute it, insert password and get access to all your passwords. As soon as you closed it, it'd get protected again.

mouser:
I think the point here is to have a password program where passwords are automatically synchronized between clients..  It's possible keepass can be set up this way, i'm not sure.

jgpaiva:
It's possible keepass can be set up this way, i'm not sure.
-mouser (January 11, 2007, 04:50 AM)
--- End quote ---
Oh, i misunderstood the post. I thought it was only supposed to acess the encrpyted database at the server through ftp without changing it. But apparently, no even that is possible, you'd have to download it, and then delete it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version