topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 4:11 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Request for Suggestions: Web-based (PHP) Help Desk / FAQ / Feedback Scripts  (Read 5392 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Ok Anderson (aka Mobysaurus) and I have been trying to figure out ways to make it easier for people to find help and request help on the site, and we've finally decided that I should install a serious Web-based (PHP) Help Desk / FAQ / Feedback Script/Software on the DC server, (preferably open source).

It should be one of those kinds that has a series of combo boxes that "drills" down to the subject the user wants help on, and which the user can very quickly submit a question.  It should not require the user to sign up, etc.  And it should be in PHP since thats the web-language i'm most comfortable with.

Does anyone have any suggestions or feel like going hunting and testing?  If so please add your thoughts here.  We will do the same as we go looking.

Arjen

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Codingspace.org
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
I don't have any experience with it myself, but KnowledgebasePublisher seems to be a popular open source solution for this, and after exploring the website a bit, it seems to me it looks good and has nice features.

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
If I had more time I would travel down Google's rabbit hole on this topic. But, alas, I do not have the time.  :-\