topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:16 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: need: a program to track the exact time that you spend on each webpage  (Read 7552 times)

urlwolf

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi,

I need a program to track the exact time that you spend on each webpage. This is partially acomplished by my current tracker, visual timeAnalyzer (www.neuber.com/timeanalyzer/index.html)... but I need to have detailed statistics and have them in a format that I can process afterwards (e.g., plain text).

I want to complement a really nice new finding: a proxy-based program that can save to disk each and every page you have visited.
http://www.proxy-off...m/private/index.html
Unfortunately, time information is not kept.

Ideally, I'd like to find something system-independent, free, and if possible, open source. But this is just the icing on the cake.

I'm planning to use this for a really cool experiment (more to come soon!).

Any recommendations?

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
I don't know about each webpage, but I saw a firefox extension once that tracked how long you spent per website, I think. I don't remember any info about it. I installed it on a whim one day and then shortly after did a fresh OS install.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
there is always dB'S TitleLog
which keeps track of everything you do  :o   and, with Opera at any rate, shows the website address.
(Only shows to the nearest minute though)

see post #5 here for my TitleLog Log showing opera pages
https://www.donation...dex.php?topic=4645.0
Tom

urlwolf

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thanks Tomos, good pointer. I tried titleLog, but the url is not kept... a bit difficult to map the page title to the url. A mod to titleLog might be possible.

Ahk'd be the fastest, but it's not cross-platform. :( The idea is that this program could be run by many different people independently of what OS/browser they are using.

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
I don't know about each webpage, but I saw a firefox extension once that tracked how long you spent per website, I think. I don't remember any info about it. I installed it on a whim one day and then shortly after did a fresh OS install.

Found it: It's called Usage Counter. But it doesn't track per website. Just seems to track how long Firefox has been open. . .

mateek

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • NewPray.com - A description of a broken window for world peace, law proposals, prophecy explanations, conspiracies, and more.
    • Donate to Member
Yep, time spent on each webpage...
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 09:56 PM »
I hope this one fits your needs: Time track at http://www.bitcomputing.com/ is freeware and looks like a perfect fit.
Stop war, change U.S. Politics, Kabbalah, my case modding, etc: My Website.

dk70

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
For Firefox only Pageaddict should do https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/3685/

CodeTRUCKER

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions, but be careful... you might be surprised when you see the real numbers! :o
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 06:38 PM by CodeTRUCKER »

urlwolf

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thanks all.
PageAddict looks good, but I have to use something that is compatible with many browsers, and also capable of exporting to plain text (or similar) format.

That takes down timetrack as well (a pity: nice app).

BTW, for those with similar requirements, Skrommel is coding an app that may do just this. :)