ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

DONE: Barnacle - Add toolbars to your favorite programs

<< < (10/16) > >>

phillfri:
This looks like a great tool for workgroup level administrative enhancements.

Can the Barnacle images and toolbars folder be placed on a network drive so all workgroup users can obtain access if they install the executable on their computer? What would happen in that scenario if a user didn't happen to be on the network. Would Barnacle cleanly abstain from running or producing error messages?

Does Barnacle work with Office 2007 programs? The 2007 version of MS Office changes the concept of toolbars and totally and precludes any programming of the right mouse button click menu. This would seem to be a viable alternative. 

moongoon:
Looks like a very cool program.  Just as an aside, the icon images don't appear for me.  I'm using Win 2k SP4 with the reference GeForce FX 5200 drivers on DirectX 9

Steps to Reproduce Error (With above PC setup):
1. Download Barnacle to Desktop.
2. Launch Barnacle.
3. Open NOTEPAD from Start -> Run

skrommel:
 :) @phillfri: So far it's hardcoded, but I'll put it in the ini later. But the source code is available. Office 2007 has dropped menus all together, and Barnacle can't even extract the proper window dimensions. So there's yet another Windows standard down the drain... I'll look into this...

@ moongoon: I've not tested W2K, anyone got it working?

Just uploaded Barnacle v0.992, adding System Menu selection, for minimizing and maximizing and more.

Skrommel

rcollette:
This is way cool, I was able to add a menu to the Lotus Notes Designer.

But now I am going to be greedy.   Do you think it might be possible to add a menu to a pane/class within the main window?   This sub pane is recognized by SnagIT, which can highlight the frame and capture the full contents of the proprietary text editor within the NotesSubProg4 class by scrolling the editing window.  The NotesSubprog4 class is also seen and highlighted by MS Spy++.

Pertinent Information is below:

Here is the active window information:
>>>>>>>>>>( Window Title & Class )<<<<<<<<<<<
(Untitled) - Script Library - Lotus Domino Designer
ahk_class NOTES

>>>>>>>>>>>>( Mouse Position )<<<<<<<<<<<<<
On Screen:   912, 141  (less often used)
In Active Window:   916, 145

>>>>>>>>>( Now Under Mouse Cursor )<<<<<<<<
ClassNN:   NotesSubprog4
Text:   
Color:   0xD8E9EC  (Blue=D8 Green=E9 Red=EC)

>>>>>>>>>>( Active Window Position )<<<<<<<<<<
left: -4     top: -4     width: 1288     height: 1002

>>>>>>>>>>>( Status Bar Text )<<<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>>>>( Visible Window Text )<<<<<<<<<<<
Icon Bar Host
Icon Bar Host
Icon Bar Window
Icon Bar Window
Icon Bar Window
Icon Bar Window
Icon Bar Host
Icon Bar Host
(Untitled) - Script Library
Test - Design - Script Libraries
New LotusScript Library
New Javascript Library
New Java Library
Recent Databases
View

>>>>>>>>>>>( Hidden Window Text )<<<<<<<<<<<
Paste
Help
Paste full text
Test - Design - Script Libraries

>>>>( TitleMatchMode=slow Visible Text )<<<<
Domino Objects for LotusScript and OLE

>>>>( TitleMatchMode=slow Hidden Text )<<<<
(Options)
LotusScript
Client
Domino: Classes

cracksloth:
i am particularly interested in skrommel's work managing mdi applications and simulating an mdi in applications that do not support it natively.  i assume that this could be used as a universal tab bar for switching between instances of virtually any program?  or hell, i guess you could even collect non-related programs together in a single tab bar.  this type of task grouping would be *very* helpful to me.  i agree that such a prog should be released as a separate prog but maybe you could borrow a good deal of code from barnacle.  skrommel, you are always amazing!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version