ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

DONE: Barnacle - Add toolbars to your favorite programs

<< < (13/16) > >>

justice:
If you are running as a restricted user / vista then it probably doesn't have permissions to create files in the folder you installed in and Barnacle needs to do that to function correctly. If you are running barnacle from a folder within program files then these restrictions apply. Try moving Barnacle to a folder such as C:\utils\barnacle and try and  run it. If this fails and you're in vista try right clicking the shortcut / exe file and run as administrator once.

Icfu:
"Could not extract script from EXE" as well here, German SP2, admin, no restrictions.
DeUPXing and afterwards executing leads to "corrupt Exe" message.

Even if it's a false positive, this is not exactly good looking:
http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/9da4f5dda5319f3cf9371177bce30026

;)

Recompiling with newest UPX version doesn't help, only an uncompressed Exe leaves all these poor scanning engines a chance. As it's not possible to fix the false positive problem if you keep using UPX, at least the Exe malfunction should be fixed.

Icfu

lanux128:
Recompiling with newest UPX version doesn't help, only an uncompressed Exe leaves all these poor scanning engines a chance. As it's not possible to fix the false positive problem if you keep using UPX, at least the Exe malfunction should be fixed.-Icfu (May 02, 2008, 06:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

instead of writing an algorithm to internally decompress UPX'ed files and examine them for viruses, all AV programmers have instead turned UPX'ed programs into some kind spawn of Satan. :o but Icfu, i bet you know how to handle an AHK script. ;)

Icfu:
but Icfu, i bet you know how to handle an AHK script.
--- End quote ---
I have see one before, yep. ;)

Icfu

mouser:
The problem with the exe's are my fault not skrommel.. I made a batch script to recompile all of his ahk exes so that i could recompile them with latest version of autohotkey occasionally to stop the damn false virus alerts that plague compiled ahk scripts due to lazy antivirus coders.

But it seems a few of the ahk scripts have external resources that skrommel builds into them and my batch script results in a broken exe.  Skrommel is a very reclusive genius type and sometimes it's hard to get him to give me advice on how to proceed.  I will try to get the exes fixed right away.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version