ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

DONE: Barnacle - Add toolbars to your favorite programs

<< < (12/16) > >>

jgpaiva:
Damn AVG... It's not the first time it has a false positive. See here.

Regarding the rtf file... I attached it to this post ;)

tsdragon:
I finally found everything I needed to run Barnacle and I thinks it's great. The compiled exe does not run on my Windows XP SP2 (I get "(null) is not a valid Win32 Application"), but the .ahk file runs nicely.

I got it to create a barnacle bar for EditPlus3, but I found that the class of the EditPlus3 window changes every time I run the program. Is there a way around that?

I also noticed that the toolbar runs over the frame of the window on the right side. Here's a snapshot of it: http://www.autohotkey.net/~tsdragon/Image-0001.jpg (I changed the background color to make it clear).

There is a problem with the ini file color parameter. The color code is interpreted as RBG order instead of the normal RGB or windows BGR format. For example, the color I used to create the green background in the snapshot above was: color=0001ff (the "Show Info" reports the correct RGB color code 00FF01).

After playing around with changes to my EditPlus3 ini file for a while I've also got a requested enhancement: could there be an option on the barnacle menu to reload it's ini files (to pick up changes or a new file), and/or to reload a specific ini file? It is tiresome to exit and restart barnacle every time I make a change to an ini file.

I'd also like to suggest that if there is no image specified for a button you load a default image of a blank button (it may already do this, but I didn't get any button images when I downloaded it). That way at least you could tell there was a button there, rather than just a blank toolbar.

Thanks for the great program!

LiquidGravity:
I am currently working on a version with docking and undocking, but its not quite done. When it is I'll upload the code here.

I have discovered a problem that exists with the code already here though. If you change the size of the buttons in the ini to larger (say 30) the toolbar covers up the menu above and some of the stuff below. I don't know the dll calls well but I have a feeling it is in there somewhere.

Any more progress on this project?

Calep:
Barnacle doesn't work here.

Instead of running it displays the message :

"Could not extract script from EXE"

My OS is Win XP SP2

Can someone help me?

tomos:
Barnacle doesn't work here.

Instead of running it displays the message :

"Could not extract script from EXE"

My OS is Win XP SP2