ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > ProcessTamer

Some test?

(1/4) > >>

VaMPiRiC_CRoW:
Hi,

This programs seems to be simple but effective :)
And thanks to make it free.

I'm testing it now, but I want to know if you have some tests to see the benifits of ProcessTramer?

Best Regards

mouser:
hehe, this is a good question.

actually i plan to make a little video showing the benefits, should be available with next version, along with a test app that eats up all of cpu usage it can, which is useful for testing.

VaMPiRiC_CRoW:
Great :)

Thanks

mouser:
in general, here is what you should expect from the program.
99% of the time it will be doing NOTHING.
it just sits in background taking up virtually no cpu resources and waiting.

it's only when you run some application that starts to consume your cpu that Process Tamer will kick in.
Some applications that might start to eat up all your cpu would be if you are converting a video file from one format to another, or perhaps zipping a large directory, etc.

normally when such apps use up all your cpu, it's hard to do other things, the windows on your desktop will feel very sluggish and it may even be hard to switch to other windows, because that one program is hogging your cpu.

here is where Process Tamer will kick in (informing you with a balloon tip in your system tray if you have winxp), by reducing the priority of this hogging application.  As long as you don't try to do other stuff on your computer, the other process will still operate at top speed, but because the priority is reduced, it means that if other applications, like moving around on your desktop or using other applications will get higher priority from the operating system and therefore be much more responsive.

VaMPiRiC_CRoW:
You had a great idea making this program! :)

Until now it seems that your program works fine  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version